Wednesday, December 14, 2016

I've spent the last few days melayan a 3-year-old and a 9-month-old.

Baby H is a good girl. She's the typical second child who is loved and so well behaved. She's at that age when she is easily distracted and I could give her to the maid whenever I want to. She's fine. My maid can feed her and make her nap.

Abang K is older, hence, he has his own opinions. He NEVER lets the maid do anything to him. So, dia melekat je lah dengan I. I make him take his bath, feed him, play with him, talk to him...

I think I'm a good mother in terms of layaning my children (not so good in other areas).

I always answer my son's questions no matter how ridiculous his questions are, no matter how many times he asks. I play pretend with him. I take interest in what his current obsessions are- trains, Thomas and his friends, we watch videos on Youtube on repeat and he laughs at the same old jokes.

Just now, I took a shower.
Wow, I am amazed that I'm so patient with him. This wasn't me years ago.

Then, I thought:
He better take good care of me when I'm old and have dementia or Alzheimers. He better be patient with me and answer my questions. When I forget, he has to remember that I used to entertain his silly questions over and over again.

Now, I understand when my husband keeps reminding my son when bringing him to the mosque:
"Nanti, bila Daddy dah tua, Abang K pulak kena bawa Daddy pergi masjid ye..."

No comments: